Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Sunday, March 23, 2008

Mama Bread and Baby Bread

Mama & Babies

Where should I start? I have about 4 to 5 drafts, waiting for the literature before I can post them. Does this mean I have been churning out too many things in my kitchen. Having a hectic schedule and many crazy deadlines to meet didn't help. I still have a long line of Japanese Drama which I have yet to watch. Do I really have the time to blog? I don't know... Photobucket

That aside. I am not sure of you bakers out there but ever since I have been relatively successful with bread making; nothing riles me up than seeing a loaf of commercial bread at home. I mean, I don't mind buying those fancy bread from BreadTalk or Four Leaves occasionally, I am not THAT good yet. But a normal sandwich loaf? You got to be kidding me. I would always kick up a fuss when IH (abbrev. Idiot Husband) buys a Gardenia loaf. Why? My bread not up to standard? He needs his regualr dose of preservatives? Use money to buy one taste better? Besides, he never goes through the entire loaf. If the loaf is more than 3 days old, he refused to touch it. Such wasteful habit! Photobucket

I call me a tyrant, I don't care. I banned all bread buying activities; no more buying sandwich loaf. Besides the satisfaction I get from baking a good loaf of bread, I really want my kids to enjoy homemade bread. One without preservatives, stabilisers and what have you. I am also introducing Ah Girl to wholemeal bread by making baby bread for her. She enjoys them as she knows that it is exclusively made for her.

Ah Girl and Ah Boy, mommy loves you very much, you know that? I want you both to understand that these baby bread came from 1 dough, the Mama bread. Mama bread knows no preferences, no biases, no favouritisms because she knows that they are the same. Although you are individuals, but you are part of me and I am part of you. I love you.

1 comment:

KWF said...

rei, I also don't buy commercial sandwich loaf nowadays. Only once in a while when I'm lazy to bake (like now). I'm sure ur ah boy and ah gal will feel the love in ur little baby breads. So sweet of you!