Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Saturday, November 22, 2008

Crunchy Chocolate Chips Cookies


















I think I made these cookies last week. Well, I couldn't remember which day exactly. Must be the age thing. I was busy with Ah Girl's cardigan, I can't seem to find the motivation to bake. And there was work. As there was a class party at Ah Girl's school, I decided to bake cookies for them. It was a perfect excuse. I, of course, consulted 'her royal highness' before embarking on this baking project. The thing is that; Ah Girl has this selective sweet-tooth. There are only few certain cakes and cookies that she would eat. Not at all adventurous. However, to my surprise, she loves 潮州甜豆沙饼(潮州劳饼), those Teochew traditional cakes. Perhaps it is time for me to explore into that area?

Back to the cookies. Ah Girl has suggested that her friends should have Chocolate Chips Cookies. I have made Chocolate Chips Cookies a couple of times but did not yield the texture I was looking for. I prefer my cookies crunchy. I do like chewy cookies too but I have made some which became soft too quickly. I googled and found this recipe. I am glad that I tried. This recipe is a keeper. I tweaked the recipe a little and the cookies remained crunchy on the third day. I later discovered that the cookies were wiped out by the other kids and teachers and my dear girl didn't even had 1 cookie. She said she was distracted by the fishballs her classmate contributed. Photobucket Okay, so I saved some for us. While she nibbled and returned half of it back to me, Ah Boy ate 2 in 1 go. Ah Boy! Mommy loves you!! *Muak x 5

Crunchy Chocolate Chips Cookies (adapted from Williams-Sonoma’s cookies)
Ingredients
125g Butter, at room temperature
125g Fine Sugar
105g Light Brown Sugar
1 Egg
1 Tsp Vanilla Essence

190g Plain Flour
30g Cornflour
1/2 Tsp baking powder
1/2 Tsp baking soda

*Sift together

135g Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
50g White Chocolate Chips (I ran out of Semi-sweet chips so I subbed with this)

Method
1) Preheat oven to 150 degrees celsius. Line baking trays with baking sheets.

2) In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar till fluffy and pale. Add egg and vanilla and beat on low speed until blended.

3) Add in flour mixture and mix on low speed or stir with a wooden spoon until just blended. Add the chocolate chips and mix well.

4) Wearing gloves, shape the dough into small balls and place on the baking sheets, spacing them about 2 inches apart.

5) Bake the cookies for 12 minutes or until golden brown around the edges. Let the cookies cool briefly on the sheets before transferring them to the racks to cool completely. Store in airtight containers when cooled.

*Note : I am using a convection oven with fan thus I have lowered the required temperature. If you are using a conventional oven, suggested temperature is 180 deg.C.

Happy baking!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

hi! I love your recipes!

I must have tried that!

It's perfect in this halloween party!

The kids will surely love that!

by the way

please view this site

www.ilovechocolatetoo.com

thanks

Dee said...

Why do I need to use baking soda when I am already using baking powder? Can't baking powder do the job?

The Sweetylicious said...

tried it (: thank you very much for sharing this wonderful recipe!! (: love you (: