Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Ultimate Double Chocolate Cookies

Photobucket

I dread taking pictures of chocolate bakes. Usually, I will end up with awful pictures, all in 1 dark mess. Worse when I had to take photographs of them under artificial lights as I usually bake at night. I took the picure above while I was on my way to work. I packed some of these cookies to work, so the the unglamourous sandwich bag. The background was a chiller bag to transport expressed breastmilk in. I was fiddling with my handphone and found this 'new' function which was there all along. Silly me, all the time, what I did was just point and shoot. These 3 elements came together and I got myself a very nice and clear shot. Of course, natural light helps heaps. Now I kinda regretted getting a 2nd hand camera for S$100 after taking this shot with my handphone. I have yet to get acquainted with it.

Back to cookies. I attempted a recipe at Sweet & Simple Bakes. It is a site set up by 2 passionate bakers who shared their knowledge in baking, techniques and recipes selflessly. Every month, eager bakers will submit their entries with the tried and tested recipes provided. I missed out on the first one and glad I participated this round. Kindly refer to the link above for the original recipe, as yours truly adjusted the amount of sugar used again. Also, I substituted half of the chocolate chips with white chocolate chips.

Ultimate Double Chocolate Cookies
Ingredients
250g Plain Flour
50g Cocoa Powder
1/2 Tsp Baking Soda

*Sift together

175g Butter
200g Brown Sugar
1 Tsp Vanilla Essence
2 Eggs, lightly beaten

150g Milk Chocolate Chips
150g White Chocolate Chips

Method
1) Line a baking tray with grease proof paper and preheat oven to 180 deg.C.

2) In a bowl, beat butter and sugar till light and fluffy. Add in egg slowly till well combined. Add vanilla essence and beat well.

3) Fold in the sifted flour and chocolate chips. Wrap the dough up with cling wrap and chill in the fridge for an hour (this helps especially in our warm climate).

4) Divide into 20 portions and roll into balls (I used ice cream scoop as suggested in the recipe). Leaving ample space in between dough and press down the dough slightly (wet your fingertips). Bake at 180 deg.C for 10 to 12 minutes. Leave the cookies to cool on tray for 2 minutes before removing to cooling grid.

This is a really simple and easy recipe to follow which yields great results! The cookies are not too oily. Rich chocolatey taste and great with a glass of cold milk. Ah Girl loves the cookie dough and helped herself to it while I was baking this. I had to stop her and remind her about the raw eggs. I will definitely bake these again but would prefer them in bite-size. I am looking forward to the next recipe from Sweet & Simple Bakes.

じゃね~~

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

just want to say that i love gazing at your chiffon cakes! you're very skilled and i hope to see more. =)

Chawanmushi said...

Hi rei
These cookies look beautiful, I must say. They taste yummy too :-)

Maria♥ said...

Your cookies look absolutely delish, I love the white chocolate chips peeping through!

Thanks for taking part in this month's challenge and hope you will join us again!

Maria
x

Beth (jamandcream) said...

They look yummy. Im so glad I made them but Im regreting eating so many now!!

sefa firdaus said...

I'll try next time with the white choco chips!
thanks for the idea

Unknown said...

they look fabulous..

Rei said...

Hi ladies, many thanks for the compliments. Hopped by your blogs, yours look great too!

Unknown said...

Nice idea to use white choco chips.