Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Merry Christmas!!


















This fruitcake was baked some time back. I have always used my aunt's fruitcake recipe and have not tried others. The dried fruits are soaked in rum for more than a month. I am usually busy during Christmas, mostly because of work. But this year, I had to rush through a cardigan for Ah Girl. On top of that, I have some orders to fulfill. Then, there is Christmas dinner and I totally forgot making a log cake for the family. Not that we have a tradition celebrating Christmas but it's my mom's favourite festive season and I need an excuse to indulge. Ahahah.. And kids do love Christmas.

I'm glad that I have delivered my fruitcake orders and they are now in good hands (remember to feed the frutcakes). Sort of free up my baking schedule a little. I would like to take this opportunity to thank all readers; silent readers, those who left their comments on my blog and those who took time to write to me, those who I have met, those who I have not. I have made new friends and update my old pals of what I have been up to through this humble blog. It's been a great journey so far and thank you for making it enjoyable. Wishing all of you a Merry Christmas and a blessed year 2009.

じゃね~~

12 comments:

javapot said...

Very pretty and all the xmas colours too. Merry xmas to u and your family too.

Yuri said...

Hey Rei! Merry Christmas to you too! Super pretty fruit cake!

Baking Fiend said...

Merry Christmas Rei!

Happy Homebaker said...

Hi Rei, Merry Xmas to you and your family!

Katherine said...

hey rei! thats a very beautiful cake! anyway wishing you a merry christmas mas and a happy new year to you and your family too!! god bless =)

Mags said...

Rei...Merry Christmas to you and your family!

terri@adailyobsession said...

Yo, rei! Merry Christmas to u & fam!

~Ling~ said...

Beautiful Fruitcake! Have a Blessed X'mas and New Year!

Rei said...

Thanks all for your well wishes! Merry Christmas!!

ting said...

hello rei,

merry christmas to you and yr family :)love yr fruitcake decorations!

Edith said...

Merry Christmas to you and your family too. Thanks for being such a wonderful friend and it is really my pleasure having you as one.

Have a Blessed Christmas.

Rei said...

Ting : Thank you!

Edith : You have a great time too!