Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Thursday, August 14, 2008

Pecan Chocolate Chips Cookies


















This time round, the challenge is cookies with chocolate. Some may ask why bother participating these challenges. Well, indeed, why bother? Looking at my long, long to-do list, I do get lost. Some recipes are too time consuming for me, so I had to drop them while I stare in awe at someone elses' blogs. Participating in a challenge gives me direction and it is also interesting to see what other bakers come up with.

While this bake out is relatively simple, I didn't prepare for it. I had to bake and decorate a 2 kg birthday cake for my neighbour last minute. Being my first covered cake attempt, I felt exhausted having to make everything from scratch. I ended up walking around like a zombie for 2 days. Blame it on my inexperience.


















Having said that, I think I took the pressure rather well. I didn't scream and pull my hair out. I didn't smash the cake out of frustration (I couldn't, there would be no birthday cake for the birthday boy). But it left me brain dead. I was itching to bake something so this challenge came in the right time. I also needed to get this out of the way as I have other impending projects coming up later in the month.

The brain-dead part of me must have picked the recipe. I picked White Chocolate Macadamia Cookies thinking that I have all the ingredients on hand. Macadamia nuts expired? Never mind, I'll use Pecans. Coconut flakes? Don't have, it's okay. White chocolate chips? .... .... What am I doing??!! Photobucket In the end, due to too many substitutions, the recipe is unrecognisable even to the author (ごめんね~). So from White Chocolate Macadamia Cookies, it has transformed into Pecans Chocolate Chips Cookies. Talk about total makeover.

Pecans Chocolate Chips Cookies(yields about 50 ~ 54 pcs of 1-1/2 inch wide cookies)
Ingredients
130g Butter, room temperature
150g Light Brown Sugar
1 egg
2 Tsp Vanilla Essence

150g Plain Flour
75g Self Raising Flour

80g Rolled Oats
80g Chocolate Chips
70g Raisins
70g Pecans, toasted and chopped coarsely

Method
1) Line a sheet pan with greaseproof paper. Preheat oven to 180 deg.C for conventional oven or 170 deg.C for fan oven.

2) In a bowl, using an electric whisk, cream butter and sugar till pale and fluffy. Add in egg and vanilla essence beat well.

3) Sift in the 2 flours and the rest of the ingredients. Fold till well combined.

4) Divide into equal portions, shape them or drop them by spoonfuls onto prepared pan, about 3cm apart and bake for 15 mins (mid rack) or till browned.

*Note : If using plain flour only, add 1/2 Tsp of baking soda to 225g of plain flour.

それじゃ~~

1 comment:

Yuri said...

Good job with cookies :) dd has been asking me to prepare dough for her so she can roll out cookies. now she wants a GIANT cookie as bday cake lol