Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Happy Birthday Lil' Miss!

I was asked by girlfriend, M to bake cupcakes for her dear girl's birthday party last Saturday. This little missy has specifically asked for cupcakes. However, her mommy still preferred a small cake for her to cut. So in the end, I baked 12 cupcakes and a 6 inch cake for her (vanilla and chocolate sponge cake). I tried to order a cake topper for this but the delivery was late. I only received the topper yesterday! I guess little missy must love 'Dora the Explorer' to bits. I remembered her birthday cake last year was the same theme too.

I had help from Zu from Quick & Easy Treats. Cheerful, soft-spoken lady who helped to print the images on wafers. I was busy with work and didn't go searching for the pictures I wanted to use. Lastly, I even forgot to attach the pictures to her. Sorry for rushing you, Zu. You've been a great help. I collected the printouts on the day itself and rush off to do some other errands. I reached home to decorate the cakes at around 5.00p.m.! And the party was at 7.00p.m. Good thing I have all the other stuffs prepared.























I was in a hurry so the pictures taken were not that great (not that I have been taking great pictures with my handphone). I made the cupcake inserts myself. I have this precision tool in my company that can do this. *Ahem.. I was thinking of making the inserts to sell and give my boss a fee. Hee~~ Ah Girl was invited to the party too. We stayed till about 10.30p.m. and she had a great time. She was very reluctant to go home. Well, me too actually. There was some nice wine going around. Eheheh.. but then I thought about Ah Boy~~ Thanks for inviting me and Ah Girl, M. We enjoyed ourselves and glad you, little missy and your guests enjoyed the cake. Happy Birthday!

9 comments:

Art of Eating said...

The cakes looks lovely. Still a good job done even under time pressure.

Anonymous said...

Hey is she selling the edible images? I try to find one here but dont know where to get. Do you think she sell to Malaysia ah?

Rei said...

Art of Eating : Thank you!

Sue : Not sure if she sells to Malaysia. ut if I remember right, someone mentioned you can get edible print outs from Bake with Yen (sp?)?

Anonymous said...

Ya, Bake with Yen have it but they don't have the small for cupcakes. I am actually looking for print out for cupcakes.

KIKILALA said...

Wow!! Looks so delicious!! M was describing the cake to us but I dun understand. Now I do. :op

Anonymous said...

Hi Rei, where you got the cartoon character from?

Rei said...

Sue : Maybe you can ask them to print multiple images on 1 sheet. That's how I did with mine.

The Mama : ^_^

Anon : I googled 'free clip art' for Dora from the web.

Anonymous said...

Can i know who is the supplier who print this, thought of doing during the CNY

Rei said...

Anon : The lady is Zu, the link is already in the post.