As mentioned in my earlier post, I attempted the 'preciooouussss~~' because I intended to use them for decorative purposes. I declared a disclaimer to mom; if I can't get it right, I would stick something else on the cake. Fortunately, the 'preciooouussss~~' were co-operative. I managed to nail it, twice in a row. These are the leftovers after assembling the cake. I had some lemon curd which I made for my scones, so I use it for these macarons. The tangy taste of the curd balances the sweetness rather well. Without further ado (no time to write too much), here's the recipe I used.
Green Tea Macaron
50g Icing Sugar
5g Green Tea Powder (use good quality ones)
30g Finely Ground Almond
35g Egg White (this time I used fresh egg white)
1) Prepare 2 11 x 14 inch baking tray, lined with silicon coated parchment paper (draw circles behind the parchment if required). Preheat oven to 160 degrees C.
2) Add the ground almond to the icing sugar mixture, break up clumps if any.
3 In another clean and dry bowl, whisk the egg white till frothy. Add in sugar in 2 additions and whisk till soft peak.
4) Add in the ground almond mixture into whisked egg whites in 2 addition, fold till incorporated. Lift the spatula to see if it falls ribbon-like.
5) Load the batter into a piping bag with round tip. Pipe into circles. Bake for about 5 to 8 minutes. The feet will start to form. Lower down the temperature to 110 degrees and further bake for another 15 minutes. Set aside to cool and remove from paper.
6) Pair them up and sandwich with Lemon Curd, buttercream or ganache. Refrigerate before serving.
Frills in the making.
Spicy Grilled Chicken Tacos
2 hours ago