Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Soar The Sky

Just passed the 35th year mark of my life two Thursday ago. Do bakers bake their own cakes on their birthday? Not this one. I had an almost cake-free day, except that I had to bake in the evening for an order. As for birthday presents, I received a recipe book which 2 of my sis S's recipes were in it, a 'voucher' to get a haircut which I badly need, some recipes books from friends and a fridge. I picked practicality in place of a jewellery piece. It was a tie, between a new mixer and a fridge. I figured I could wait for the next sale season for the mixer, weheras the fridge was already offered on sale. Thank you for all the birthday wishes I received on mobile, emails and Facebook. I appreciate the reminder of me approaching 40 in another 5 years' time.


Well now, back to this blog post where a fortunate boy whose loving parents ordered 2 airplane cakes for his birthday celebration. Kids these days are so lucky. Often, they get 2 cakes for their birthdays. With the permission of the loving mummy, I am allowed to post her boys' pic on my blog. The control tower and plane were assembled on site. They decorated their home with a departure/arrival hall. This is the pilot and his co-pilot, complete with uniform. Smart looking.


















Another cake to celebrate with close relatives. As the cake was not delivered to the venue, I made it safer for transportation.


















Personally, I liked the birds.



















10 comments:

Noob Cook said...

It's a bit ironic that you didn't bake a cake for yourself but I kind of understand why too. Happy belated birthday to you :)

Sheryl said...

Rei,
I've been quietly following your blog. All your cakes are really lovely! U really did a fantastic job of decorating them :)

Sheryl
www.cookisses.blogspot.com

Sweet Jasmine said...

Happy Birthday to U Rei,..the cakes r really beautiful. I love the rainbow on the second cake:)

Pei-Lin said...

This is a masterpiece, Rei!! Wish I could achieve what you just did! Man, kudos to you!

Keep it up!

Cheers,
Pei-Lin

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday and many happy returns on this special day of yours. you are surely a young beautiful mother blessed with 2 lovely children and tons of patience,love and generousity to share all your yummy receipes and baking skills. thanks and regards
lori

Gina Choong said...

wah Rei, very swee leh! I think you are now officially Airplane maker liao. so nice. I always loved your airplanes. the blue skies are buttercream or royal icing?

terri@adailyobsession said...

wah, gorgeous cakes n the boys are handsome :D...what were the alphabets made of?

Katherine said...

hey ATM wishing you a belated happy birthday! 35 or 53, it doesn't really matter so long as you stay young at heart =)

Cyndi said...

you have such an amazing talent! I love your cakes!! [ =

Anonymous said...

Hi Rei,
Happy Belated Birthday! Looking forward to the birthday cakes which I will get to collect on 26th and 27th Nov! My son will love them.. Thank U in advance...

Grace