I cannot remember when my love affair with cinnamon started. Could it be since my first taste of pineapple tarts? Not so recently (due to my back logs mostly), McDonalds has this 'Cinnamon Melts' added to their menu. It kick start my cinnamon obsession. I could really eat cinnamon rolls, cinnamon melts everyday but as a 'sensible' adult, we all know it is unhealthy. So another way to satiate this addiction is to find an healthier alternative. Moreover, they told me McD is not selling cinnamon melts anymore.
I want a simple recipe as I do not want to get through step 1 to 10 before I can have my fix every time the cravings set in. I searched and settled on this recipe which I found from Taste.com.au. This recipe is a keeper. I wouldn't change anything except I added some grounded nutmeg (my preference) and topped it with some cinnamon flavoured streusels for the extra mile.
Basic cinnamon apple muffins
300g Plain Flour
1 Tbsp Baking Powder
2 Tsp Ground Cinnamon
3/4 Tsp Ground Nutmeg
150g Brown Sugar
2 medium Granny Smith apples, cored, peeled, chopped
125g Butter, melted and cooled
2 eggs, lightly beaten
For the topping:
60g Plain Flour
2 Tbsp Brown Sugar
1/2 Tsp Ground Cinnamon
30g cold Butter, cut into small pieces
1) To prepare the toppings, in a bowl, add all dry ingredients and rub in butter till it resembles breadcrumbs. Alternatively, you can use a fork to break up the butter for you. Chill in the fridge for later use.
2) Preheat oven to 170°C. In a bowl, add flour, baking powder, cinnamon powder, nutmeg powder and brown sugar. Use a whisk to whisk the dry ingredients together.
3) Throw in apples and raisins, mix well.
4) In a measuring cup, whisk milk, eggs and melted butter together. Pour the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients. Stir with a whisk, spoon or fork till just combined.the two.
Add the milk mixture to the flour mixture and stir with a large metal spoon until just combined. It is important that the ingredients are only just combined. Do not overmix.
5) Spoon the mixture into muffin paper cups. Top with some streusels prepared earlier. Bake for 15 to 20 mins or till golden brown and cooked.
Pressure Cooker Beef Brisket
11 hours ago